Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fedora 9: Livna Repo RPM Installation

Here goes my first blog post after Fedora 9 desktop installation.

First and foremost, my blog posting is now powered by Fedora 9 OS muscles. At last, I am again excited, happy to roam new stuff and enjoy more fun with Fedora Core 9 OS. Since its first launch of Fedora Core 1, the said OS had served me more nice desktop tweaks, learning curve tricks and server deeds. The need for me to trickle of twisting Fedora tricks is back again.

Yes, I have just installed Fedora Core 9 into one of my desktop systems and here goes my first posts from it. I hope you can go along with me as I travel this Fedora Core 9 linux road.

Why Livna, you say?

First, since this post is concerned about fedora applications as desktop its desktop nerves, there is a need to install livna yum repo.

How to install livna repo to Fedora 9?

Most likely, rpm.livna.org provides many useful packages that can not be distributed in Fedora (previously known as Fedora Core and Extras) for one reason or another, including multimedia applications such as xine, VideoLanClient, video drivers for ATI and Nvidia cards. Head on here to know the various benefits of having livna rpm repo into your Fedora 9 repo list.

Fedora 9 - Livna Repo Installation

1. To get the latest repo addon packages, simply install livna repo rpm. Head on here , choose Fedora 9 repository RPM as your selected download.

2. You can install it directly from linux terminal as shown

# rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-9.rpm

Success, we now have livna repo rpm installed into Fedora 9.

Enjoy.

0 comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
ILoveTux - howtos and news | About | Contact | TOS | Policy