Meet Scorched 3D Classic Tank Game.
Scorched 3D is another classic 3D linux tank game that is based on a DOS game polished with more features such as OpenGL supported, multiple player and weapon options, more landscape island war environment spots, LAN-enabled enemies, save and retrieve game levels and more. Scorched 3D tank game can be played by stand-alone or online.
Man Scorched 3D:
Scorched 3D is a game based on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth "The Mother Of All Games". Scorched 3D adds amongst other new features a 3D island environment and LAN and internet play. At its lowest level, Scorched 3D is just an artillery game with two+ tanks taking turns to destroy opponents in an arena. Choose the angle, direction and power of each shot, launch your weapon, and try to blow up other tanks. But Scorched 3D can be a lot more complex than that,
if you want it to be. You can earn money from successful battles and use it to invest in additional weapons and accessories. You can play with up to twenty four other players at a time, mixing computer players with humans. There's a variety of changing environmental conditions and terrains to be dealt with.
Scorched 3D is totally free and is available for both Microsoft Windows and Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Solaris etc.) operating systems.
You can pick up the game and begin playing very quickly. Then, when/if you are interested, you can poke in the dimmer recesses of the game and get into the strategy (or just ignore it altogether!).
The main objective of the game is to stand from the rest of the enemy tanks. Last tank standing wins.
Visit Scorched 3D tank game from here.
SCORCHED 3D TANK INSTALLATION MADE EASY
Scorched 3D is available from Fedora Project repos. Thus, the tank game can be installed via yum.
From Fedora 8, simply issue the following yum command for installation.
# yum -y install scorched3d
The above command will install the necessary dependencies including non-installed opengl package. Yum would download an approximately 60 MB of package files.
More wiki documents can be found from here and mods are widely available from here.
Goodluck and enjoy tank-scorching!
113 Amazing Linux Games
- ► 2008 (2301)
- HowTo: Strip directory path and filename suffix
- HowTo: Get the Filename Extension Only
- Tailf - watch the linux log file grows
- Fedora 8 with Enlightenment Window Manager
- HowTo: ScreenCasts & Desktop Records via Istan...
- HowTo: Record Desktop Session via Byzanz
- Linux Scorched 3D Tank Game
- Linux Atomic Battle Tank Game
- HowTo: Display a Tree of Linux Processes
- Howto: 3 Easy Install Steps of Microsoft Fonts in ...
- Howto: Convert PDF to HTML/XML/PNG in Linux
- Livna Repository on Fedora 8
- Linux Action Flight Simulator Game
- Splitting and Merging Multiple Linux Files
- Sort Nth Position of Nth Column of a File in Linux...
- Stop, Pause, and Continue A Linux Process
- File Creation without File Opening in Linux
- Concatenate Multiple Files in Linux
- Renaming Files in Linux
- Linux Power Consumption Analysis Tool
- Tail and Head Few Lines of Text Files
- Three Easy Steps for Opera on Fedora 8
- Alternative Search and Replace Tool
- Display Lines Beginning with a Given String
- Spell Check Files via Terminal - Install Howto
- Display Linux Session Jobs
- Get Linux Disk Space and Usage
- Change Linux RunLevels Howto
- Audacious - Install Howto
- Amarok - Howto Install
- Sun Java on Fedora 8 Install HowTo
- My Fedora 8 Diary
- Chikka on Kopete Messenger Howto
- Linux Files and Folders Local Copying
- Linux folders and directories recursive removal
- MailX - Mail Facility via Terminal
- Time zone values interpretation
- Retrieving Linux Standard Base and Distro Informat...
- Fedora Firstboot
- ▼ November (39)
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Meet Scorched 3D Classic Tank Game.