Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Byebye Ubuntu, Hello Fedora

My recent experiments with installing Ubuntu on my little home server came to an end this weekend. I'm working hard to debug problems with my media streamer software, SqueezeCenter. After finding tons of forum posts and various problems with installing SqueezeCenter on Hardy Heron I decided to try another approach so I'm now running Fedora 9 at home instead. Both Hardy and Fedora 9 are supposed to be supported by Slim Devices for their Squeeze-stuff. However, it appears neither of these work but I'll save that rant for another day once I've worked out what's wrong (I have my suspicions about Slim Devices testing against Perl 5.10).

Continue Story

0 comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
ILoveTux - howtos and news | About | Contact | TOS | Policy